Friday, July 06, 2007

The Spectator Initiative

"He wrapped himself in quotations, as a beggar would enfold himself in the purple of Emperors."
- Rudyard Kipling

It is amazing how most of us live through our nameless lives, praising those who managed to nominate themselves to the chambers of greatness. Never taking even the tiniest of an instant to wonder why our paths do not or can not lead us to the same heights.

I have actually lost the sense of how long it has been, that everyday, I find three new quotations from celebrities of present and the past, read them, and write them down somewhere. Often to quote them in my correspondence with acquaintances and colleagues. I do not really know why and how I started this. What I know is that everyday, with every quotation, I hold myself accountable, for not bringing myself in the position where my words, probably not as ordinary as most of these quotations are I believe, would also be feverishly looked up by the people around the world. By those who seek inspiration, or direction, or may be simply wit!

For all that matters, it is not his words that would make one a celebrity, but his actions. Actions, that I have always wanted to take and never have. For my indolence has always controlled the best of me.

Today, I raise mutiny against this lethargy. I write this with an aspiration to break free, and tread the path that leads to a chamber of greatness. My chamber of greatness!

No comments: